Iron Curtain Electronics - Full Analog System
This unit is the last of the IRON CURTAIN ELECTRONICS systems built in the portable desktop case (made by Monorocket with black tolex). Includes quickstart manuals, cables, blank panels, and assorted paraphernalia.
The IRON CURTAIN ELECTRONICS system is a faithful recreation of the analog circuits from the famous POLIVOKS synthesizer. This project was completed in cooperation with the Polivoks designer Vladimir Kuzmin. The included modules represent the full Polivoks feature set, all-analog electronics with the use of original Russian components where appropriate. The authentic sonic character of the instrument is present and verified by the designer. It's the antidote to the ordinary analog synthesizer sound, suitable for industrial applications. There is limited room for expansion in this case, so you can add a few modules to fully personalize it.
This is a full synthesizer instrument ready for recording or performance. Just add a keyboard or sequencer.
• 2x Polivoks VCG saw-core oscillators (saw, tri, PWM outputs with octave switch and linear/expo FM. Tracks 1v/octave.)
• 1x Polivoks VCF (Distinctly aggressive 2-pole filter with low- and band-pass outputs. Thick bass distortion and screaming resonance.)
1x Polivoks modulator (Russian transistor noise source, utility LFO, sample-and-hold.)
2x Polivoks VCA/ADSR (Combination module with looping ADSR envelope and vintage-style VCA.)
1x Lider Suboctave (A unique octave effect that sounds like the original signal, not a square wave.)
1x King Slender mixer/slew
• 104HP Monorocket case (heavy wood case with black Tolex, single row desktop with slanted face, sliding nuts, enough room on top to set a few pedals or tabletop devices).
• 1x MakeNoise Mini-PWR supply. The modules listed above draw about 250mA total, leaving 18 HP and +550mA/-250mA available for expansion. Add your favorite output amplifier, controller, or effects processors.
* Worldwide power supply
• Accessories kit (manuals and patch cables)
Shipping weight 30 pounds. It will be expensive to ship outside of the US due to a large box size and heavy case (and full insurance.)